Pages

Sunday 6 July 2014

Blue Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

RED is so last year.



Put a little twist to that delicious red velvet cupcake. I've used the same great recipe but instead of using red, I've use blue food colour.

The colour really pops out and the floral piping technique makes it look attractive.


Although this tastes just as amazing as it looks, I must admit there is something psychologically delicious about the 'red' velvet cupcake. I just couldn't stop thinking about it.

To get this eye catching and vibrant blue colour, I use Wilton blue gel colour and Queen's liquid blue. You need to put a generous amount of blue food colour otherwise it will turn into an pleasant green colour. I also slightly reduced the amount cocoa powder (but not too much as I still wanted that delicious hint of cocoa to come through).


I just love piping flowers on cupcakes. It's my new thing to do. It's not as hard or tricky as it looks. it requires some patients and very steady hands. The first time I every piped flowers was when I did the Mother's day cupcakes and I was please with how good they turned out (however I do still need to brush up on some techniques). Like they say 'practice makes perfect' (and.. we get to eat cupcakes too).






No comments :

Post a Comment